Well this is a turn of events! Recently this blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Riley and her blog, Smiles No Matter What. Her mission is to spread some of the wonderful happiness that is available in a thoughtful and insightful and encouraging way. Check it out! 🙂
You can find her blog at: http://smilesnomatter.blogspot.com/
*** JUST A HEADS UP THIS POST IS GOING TO BE REALLY LONG***
The rules that come with this award are:
1. Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator, and tell your readers 11 facts about yourself.
2. Choose 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 subscribers to pass the award onto.
3. Make 11 questions for them to answer, and then go on their blogs and tell them about your nomination.
Here are 11 facts about me:
1. I LOVE art! Whether it’s talking, looking, or actually doing art, I could spend days on this subject alone. There’s something about expressing and planning the spontaneous nature of the world that I revel in so much.
2. WHILE on the subject of arts, I also play the harp. It’s only a small folk harp, and it stands about 5 ft. and has about 36 stirngs. I have played and rented the harp for years but, I rented it long enough for me to actually be able to own it! I love it so freaking much.
3. SPORTS have never been my long suit. Let’s just leave it at that. For some reason however, I find martial arts an incredible practice. I joined an Aikido dojo almost 5 years ago with one of my friends. At first I was skeptical of whether or not it was at all possible for someone of my stature and nature to take on such a physical and mental challenge but, in the end, I loved it.
5. WOW I seem to love many things in the world…soooo I love to love!
6. WRITING has, and always will be a passion of mine. The need to write began at the same time I started to read. Book after book, I found myself speaking and writing not only with my voice, but the voices of all the authors I’d read. Reading is important!
7. I WAS ADOPTED from China when I was a little over a year old. There isn’t much to say about it except the occasional (frequent) mistakes that people make when they assume that I’m not with my mom in the store, or that I’m a foreign exchange student. No worries, I find it kind of funny….I find it kinda sad, the dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had…
8. SPEAKING of ^^^ I love music. I’m willing to give almost anything a try because if someone takes the time to present oneself out there, then I’ll be there to show some support.
9. I LOVE THE RAIN! When the sun is out while it’s raining I can’t help but run outside and gallavant around like an idiot 🙂 (my neighbors think I’m a wacko sometimes)
10. PRETTY SHY as a person, can’t really speak over the loud music decibel…check out the asian girl from Pitch Perfect –> me
11. I LOVE those who can make people laugh, feel comfortable, and encourage each other.
Questions asked by Riley:
1.What is a topic that you can talk about for hours?
Art, poetry, literature, music, and human trafficking (yeah I know, kind of an off subject, but the prevention of it is very important to me)
2.What is your favorite movie?
It’s a tie between Benny and Joon and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. Both have Johnny Depp though, so either way I guess. Really sweet, sad, realistic, funny things just get to me 🙂
3.If you could go anywhere in the world and with anyone, where would you go and with whom?
I would travel with my friends. We met in grade school and have been best friends ever since. There are five of us all together and so we nicknamed ourselves after the Scooby Doo gang, silly I know. They are the greatest friends I’ve ever had and it wouldn’t matter where we went just as long as we were together.
4.Why do you blog?
To filter through my thoughts so that they keep moving. To express myself, to be heard, and to not take life for granted
5.If you only had five sentences left to say before losing the ability to speak, what would you say?
“Let’s go on an adventure!”
6.Who is your favorite character in fiction?
Coriander from I, Coriander…and Despereaux from The Tale of Despereaux…and Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter…and Calaban from The Tempest…and Edmund from Narnia…and Winnie the Pooh…and Tyler Durden/Narrator from Fight club…and…THERE ARE TOO MANY
7.What is a song you could listen to on replay for hours?
Jupiter, the Bringer of Jolity” by Gustav Holst 2min and 57sec in is my favorite part! (Berlin Harmonic Orchestra)
8.Describe yourself in 3 words!
Quiet, opinionated, accepting
9.There is a snow day and school was cancelled–what do you do?
Marvel at how much time there in a day when one wakes up before 10 am and contemplate, in denial, the slight possibility of doing homework while dismissing the consequences until 12:30am the next morning.
10.What is your favorite book, and why?
Tie between The Little Prince, Catcher in the Rye, Invisible Man, Tale of Two Cities…nevermind I have too many
11.What is your favorite quotation?
“There are love stories and there is obliteration into love. You’ve been walking the ocean’s edge holding up your robes to keep them dry. You must dive naked under and deeper under, a thousand times deeper! Love flows down…The ground submits to the sky and suffers what comes. Tell me, is the earth worse for giving in like that?” ~Rumi
THANKS AGAIN TO RILEY AND ALL MY FOLLOWERS for supporting this blog. I would hug each and everyone one of you if I could. However, hugging isn’t my thing and I don’t think anyone would want all that much attention from a stranger. *internet hug*
These are the awesome blogs that I’ve nominated for this award. Take a look 🙂 :
Mary Sanchez: http://thirteen1999.wordpress.com/ “Living in the Moment”
Cliff: http://cliff445.wordpress.com/ “Cliff’s Notes”
David Holzel: http://davidwrotethis.wordpress.com/ “David Wrote This”
Stories & Encounters http://storiesandencounters.wordpress.com/
Ayin: http://madartistwithablog.wordpress.com/ “Mad Artist with a Blog”
Here are your 11 questions!
1. What is one of your favorite aspects about blogging?
2. Dogs or cats?
3. Quick! What’s the first song on your ipod that comes up on shuffle?
4. When it’s rainy outside, what do you like to do?
5. What kind of super power would you like to have?
6. Where is one place that you’ve never been to, but would like to go to?
7. What is one thing you want to change about the world?
8. If you were told that you had 6 months to live, what would you do?
9. If you could be any one of your favorite authors for a day, who would it be?
10. Which season of the year do you prefer?
11. If you didn’t have the internet or a blog, how would you express yourself to others?
Have fun and good luck!!!