- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Contact them to let them know that they’ve been nominated.
- Put the award badge on your blog.
Big thanks to Riley on her blog Smiles No Matter, for nominating us (yeah, you guys too). She’s super talented and always full of ideas and creative ways to improve and balance one’s life. Check her blog out in the link above!
As always, I want to thank all of you who follow me and give me feedback. I love to hear from you guys and it makes the job of picking my brain seem worth it. Just kidding, using words and media to communicate the importance of change, integrity, humanity, and justice is the main goal here, and I cannot thank you guys enough for supporting the cause. On to the questions!
- What is your favorite quotation?
I have this wall at home that is covered in sticky notes where I put up quotes, ideas, and cool interesting facts. Some of my favourites on there are from Rumi (fav. poet), a Bible verse, and a poet:
– “This is how I would die into the love I have for you: as pieces of cloud dissolve in sunlight.” Rumi–
-“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6–
-“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” Emily Dickinson
- Name one song that you listen to when you need to relax!
Hmmm, you know how you cycle through songs and then those end up becoming temporary soundtracks to your life? Maybe, no? It was worth a shot. At the moment I enjoy the music stylings of Joshua Radin.
- What are your feelings about Snapchat?
Believe it or not, but I just recently got a phone, so this whole app, Snapchat stuff was a little weird at first. Fortunately my friends helped me out in navigating the features such as: how to add text to the picture so you don’t have to finger-write all your messages, how to send “snaps?” to multiple people, how to take a video, and much more. So, basically it’s a marvel of an app that makes me feel silly when posing for pictures.
- Describe a person who has picked you up while you were feeling down. How did this person bring you comfort or condolence?
I have these amazing friends from middle school, and we’ve all been friends through high school and now college. I couldn’t have asked for anything better in my life than a group of people who I can talk to, hang out with, support, and be supported by. So, there’s no single person I can describe nor can I think of one specific occasion, because they have been there with me through a lot.
- What is an activity you love doing with your friends?
Recently my friends and I have taken up the activity of Geocaching. It’s pretty fun and searching through bushes, street corners, and parks together makes it all the better.
- What is your preferred mode of communication?
My preferred mode of communication is face to face. However, I do appreciate being able to text and Skype with my friends when being together is a little hard.
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. I can explain later in another blog post 🙂
- What is one thing you wish you did more?
Finish projects that I start!
- How has your summer been going so far?
Slow but just fine. I have enjoyed being able to relax, evaluate life so far, and prepare for this coming school year.
Alright, these are the bloggers I have nominated for being inspirational, funny, and creative. Keep up the good work guys!
Here are my questions!
1. Who is your favourite poet? (if it’s no one, an author or book)
2. You have 30 minutes to decide whether or not you will take part in an experiment that guarantees future happiness and success overnight. If you choose not to, you will end up in the same circumstance of happiness, it’ll just take 10 more years. What do you do?
3. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever eaten?
4. What is something that you do, or can do that makes you feel happy and at peace inside?
5. When was the last time you received a compliment that made your day better?
6. If you had to learn a language, what would it be?
7. What is one really good movie you saw this summer?
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
9. What does happiness mean to you? (super simple, don’t worry about covering everything on this one)